Wednesday, February 18, 2009

If I Could Trade Eternity, You'd Sell, Not Rent that Soul to Me. . . A Spiritual Riddle ~By CordieB


Rick Mobs at Mine Enemy Grows Older, who I discovered through Paisley (thanks Jodie), has invited his readers/viewers to give words to his beautiful art. The above titled art needs no words; as it is a supernatural story in and of itself; but, since Rick has so graciously allowed us to put words to his stunning creation - here is my rendition. . . in another spiritual riddle . . .


I've tricked you since the days of old


Enticed by me, you'd lease your soul


If I could trade eternity . . .


You'd sell, not rent that soul to me.


I'm the most illusioned of all evil spirits


My existence holds but one egotistical merit


I bring forth false vision to the being


who can not bring himself to seeing


the wondrous beauty of the soul within


that shines like gold when love seeps in


that lasts through style and passing trends . . .


I'm the most deathly of all deadly sins!


If I could erase your lines of wear and tear


you'd trade your soul without a care


If I could make all bow to you


there'd be no limits to what you'd do


because you don't see the beauty in creation


of what God blessed you with in relation


to all God's creation, magenta, black, or white


I've tricked your vision; jaded your sight


by grace but for only a twinkle in time on earth


for God forbids his art to loose full worth . . .


in the vastness of creation's grand eternity


Who am I?


I am the deadly spirit of Vanity


~By CordieB

1 comment:

Nadege said...

a riddle most elegantly written,
and just as elegant vanity can
steal our inner truth.